Alternative content

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Welcome   Anonymous! Please Login or Register
WELCOME (CSG)VIPER TO COMBAT STRIKE GAMERS!=CSG=NEWEST MEMBER
Shout Box   

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

DarkForgeGFX.com DarkForgeGFX.com
Main Menu   

HomeHome  
    Home
Members  
    Groups
    Your Account
Community  
    Forums
    Search
    Supporters
    Surveys
Statistics  
    Top 10
Files & Links  
News  
    News
    Submit News
    Topics
Other  
    Advertising
    =CSG=Code of Conduct
    Docs
    Link Us
    Member Application
    Teamspeak
    Calendar
    Stories Archive
    Site Map
    Shout Box

=CSG=Members   

Founders

=CSG=Trigger

=CSG=Toad_Killer

=CSG=Havok187

=CSG=Shooter

=CSG=Misty

Moderators

=CSG=Ghostrider

=CSG=BallisticArse

=CSG=NightMare

=CSG=Krew

=CSG=Bravey

Members

= CSG=Aliass

= CSG=BellBoy

=CSG=Black6

=CSG=Cbox

=CSG=CoPPie

=CSG=FoxFire

=CSG=GeneralGrunge

=CSG=Gooch

=CSG=Granny

=CSG=HatingLife

=CSG=Inyaa

=CSG=JAFO

=CSG=LadyKrew

=CSG=Mash

=CSG=Mrknstrike

=CSG=NightHawk

=CSG=PostalSuicide

=CSG=Sandman

=CSG=StickyITtoYOU

=CSG=Soul

=CSG=Vamp

=CSG=Viper

=CSG= Team Speak   

=CSG=Visitor Counter   

Free Counters
Free Counters

Forum Index       Usergroups       Edit your profile
      Login, Check Messages       Usergroups       Ranks
      Staff       Statistics       Log in

Search for at
Combat Strike Gamers Advanced Search

SQUAD - The Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Combat Strike Gamers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is anyone interested in getting into this game?
Yes, THAT'S AWESOME!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but I rather wait longer.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not unless other people get it...
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Meh, not my cup of tea
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I Like Turtles...
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

STICKYITTOYOU
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:19 amPost subject: Great ! SQUAD - The Game

Well I am sure some of you know, I purchased into the Alpha of SQUAD. At first a month ago I wasn't too sure about the game and where it was heading however after some recent updates to the game I feel as though I can now play it and recommend it. Please keep in mind that this is still only in Alpha phase, but for an Alpha it is more well off than BF4 was ever (which says a lot). This game is being made by the same individuals who made Project Reality, the mod for Battlefield 2.

The team plans on releasing onto Steam in the course of this month. In which will allow them to push out updates  instead of requiring the user to go find the latest download for the game. Also it will be easier to key management through Steam. On top of it all if you don't like the game Steam has a guarantee for your money back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcgJ5UubU1w

What is SQUAD?

"Squad is an online multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay."

ORGANIC AND EMERGENT GAMEPLAY

The battlefield of Squad is built around organized teams using both the environment and the assets available within the game to wage a tactical battle against an opposing team. From role organization to base building to vehicle mechanics, teamwork amplifies the effectiveness of the tools at your disposal.

Supported by intuitive positional VOIP and navigation systems players will be able to maintain situational awareness and seamlessly interact with others. Dedicated chain of command channels and localised voice will be an effective tool for communication and organization.

Squad seeks to establish a culture of camaraderie that is unparalleled in competitive multiplayer shooters. This is a game where you can work together and coordinate with your team: players from around the world, often that you just met.

MASSIVE ONLINE 50 ON 50 SQUAD-BASED COMBINED ARMS WARFARE

Squad will support up to 100 players in competitive multiplayer. This broad scope serves to immerse the player into a rich battle environment filled with challenges and opportunities. With teams of sufficient size, some players can perform supporting roles while leaving enough front-line combatants to provide fun and challenging gameplay across the full expanse of the battlefield.

A wide variety of support vehicles and aircraft will be included. Tanks and close support helicopters will spearhead a team’s assault into enemy lines while transport helicopters and APCs will provide much needed logistics and transportation support.

A NEW EXPERIENCE EVERY TIME

At the heart of Squad is our desire to let the player drive gameplay and define the objectives.

Commanders and squad leaders will be given the ability to shape the battlefield through construction of defensive and offensive fortifications as well as control of battlefield planning and supplemental combined arms assets.

Coupled with this, spawn dynamics will be affected by occupation of territories and level of supply each objective is receiving. Organized control of the battlefield will ensure a properly supported supply structure and pave the way for a strategic victory.

It’s all about teamwork.

SOURCES: http://joinsquad.com/

LadyKreW
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:18 amPost subject: No icon Re: SQUAD - The Game

I have never even heard of it, nor will i pay for something that is Alpha stage

STICKYITTOYOU
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:01 amPost subject: No icon Re: SQUAD - The Game

Well I hope you'll consider it once it's fully released.  Sad

I got into the Alpha and paid for it because I wanted to try it out. The only reason why I am letting people know about it now is because once the Alpha stage is over and it is released on steam (December 10th). The price is going to go up to $40 because there will be more content. Purchasing right now for $30 is a good investment for people (if they liked Project Reality). You get the full game for price you pay earlier on. You also get to help them make the game better by doing so through sharing your input on improving the gun-fighting and game play.

It is the same payment style ARMA 3 had. If you purchased early on the game was $35. I wish I hadn't waited until the game was in Beta because it was $45 at that time, now the game is $60 at it's full retail price. The same goes with SQUAD, except this is much more optimized, supports 64 bit, does not have memory leaks, no sound bugs, no video bugs, and all in all it is a much more solid game than anything EA has dished out in the last 4-5 years (with their last solid game being Bad Company 2).

Either way, I just wish I had more people to play along with. I find it fun, but I hope this game isn't too much to handle for some people. I find it easier to move and control than ARMA (which a lot of people get frustrated with). I fully understand why no one likes to pay into the alpha, because of the large distrust in developers and publishers these days, and I don't blame you.

I'll keep everyone posted on the updates that they do with the game.

Side Note: There will be vehicles coming to the game.

Last edited by STICKYITTOYOU on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsor
Trigger
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

votes: 2
usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:57 pmPost subject: No icon Re: SQUAD - The Game

I will check it out when I get my new Rig.  Damm we need to get your orientation done sticky.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MT.Trigger
BallisticArse
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator

votes: 7
usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:14 pmPost subject: No icon Re: SQUAD - The Game

Hey Stick! Just got back from Calif, trying to catch up at work(impossible task!).

Thanks for the heads up with Squad. Love the input from any member regarding a new game. With a limited amount of time to research any promising titles, I appreciate any evaluation from within the community.

I know nothing of this project nor have the time to investigate it at this point.  I don't know if I would be so dismissive of a project due to a price tag to play an alpha. Could it be that a group needs funding for what they believe is a promising game? Not every project has the $$s of an EA, UBI, ACTIVISION, TREYARCH, INFINITY, etc.; nor does it want it.

Not only can't those power houses support everything that comes along, maybe they don't want to. Maybe they want control of every dime the game can muster; versus a game that is allowed to evolve via community investment and collaboration, and can flourish and advance by community driven maps and mods, as was the case in BF2 and COD2.

Warning: The following is me going off on a tangent, or at least babbling due to a couple (or is it 3?) glasses of a nice Cab Sauv that I picked up from my trip to wine country the past 2 weeks.

Showing how old I am, my favorite rock group of all time is YES. It is the number one Progressive Rock Group(INHO) of all time (along with Pink Floyd), originally headed by Jon Anderson and Chris Squire in 1968.  Over the years they, as a group, have released 21 studio albums, 10 live albums, 32 compilation albums, 34 singles and 19 videos, yet they are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?(ooops, sorry...had to throw a rant in there). Unfortunately Chris past away this summer,(Maybe this year...so far they are in 2nd place for this year's nominations). The  group over the years: Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Alan White, Bill Bruford, Peter Banks,Trevor Horn, Trevor Rabin, Geoff Downes, Tony Kaye, Patrick Moraz and others, have a total contribution (including solo and collaborations) of over 300+ albums and videos.

Jon Anderson alone has made 25 Studio albums, 15 Compilation albums, 20 Music videos, 60+ Singles, 6 No.1 Singles(all of which I probably own).  In 2014, Jon decided he'd like to do a compilation album and  small tour with Jean Luc Ponty. The endeavor would take $100K in upstart money. Instead of using a record label with infinite pockets that would want total control of every detail, they decided to ask their fan base to back them. They used a crowd funding resource(Kickstarter) and received 1,200 pledges for a total of $110k.  The result was a concert and recording that evolved from within the band and it's fan base.

I was fortunate enough to see them in concert in San Francisco last week. The show was nothing short of amazing. A show that was brought to life by the band members and the fan base, not an executive. What an amazing collaborative accomplishment I was blessed to see and hear. My daughter of 26 was parked outside of the venue waiting to pick us up after the 3.5 hr. concert. She could hear one of the encore songs "Roundabout" from within her car. When JoAnn and I got to the car she said: You 60 year olds were really rocking in there! I could only respond with an awe-struck sheepish grin: "Yup!"

Back to reality: Would I pay to play an alpha? Yup, probably!

Oh, and by the way: Vote for Yes! Click here to Vote

STICKYITTOYOU
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 amPost subject: No icon Re: SQUAD - The Game

Trigger - Yes, yes we do. haha

BA - Welcome back! :)

I do know that we will be able to have dedicated servers as well. Not sure when, but it has been confirmed.

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Combat Strike Gamers Forum Index ->  General Discussion Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: