Alternative content

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Welcome   Anonymous! Please Login or Register
WELCOME (CSG)VIPER TO COMBAT STRIKE GAMERS!=CSG=NEWEST MEMBER
Shout Box   

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

DarkForgeGFX.com DarkForgeGFX.com
Main Menu   

HomeHome  
    Home
Members  
    Groups
    Your Account
Community  
    Forums
    Search
    Supporters
    Surveys
Statistics  
    Top 10
Files & Links  
News  
    News
    Submit News
    Topics
Other  
    Advertising
    =CSG=Code of Conduct
    Docs
    Link Us
    Member Application
    Teamspeak
    Calendar
    Stories Archive
    Site Map
    Shout Box

=CSG=Members   

Founders

=CSG=Trigger

=CSG=Toad_Killer

=CSG=Havok187

=CSG=Shooter

=CSG=Misty

Moderators

=CSG=Ghostrider

=CSG=BallisticArse

=CSG=NightMare

=CSG=Krew

=CSG=Bravey

Members

= CSG=Aliass

= CSG=BellBoy

=CSG=Black6

=CSG=Cbox

=CSG=CoPPie

=CSG=FoxFire

=CSG=GeneralGrunge

=CSG=Gooch

=CSG=Granny

=CSG=HatingLife

=CSG=Inyaa

=CSG=JAFO

=CSG=LadyKrew

=CSG=Mash

=CSG=Mrknstrike

=CSG=NightHawk

=CSG=PostalSuicide

=CSG=Sandman

=CSG=StickyITtoYOU

=CSG=Soul

=CSG=Vamp

=CSG=Viper

=CSG= Team Speak   

=CSG=Visitor Counter   

Free Counters
Free Counters

Forum Index       Usergroups       Edit your profile
      Login, Check Messages       Usergroups       Ranks
      Staff       Statistics       Log in

Search for at
Combat Strike Gamers Advanced Search

Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Combat Strike Gamers Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toad_Killer
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

votes: 3
usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:11 pmPost subject: No icon Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

Well worth reading in my opinion. May help a few people considering upgrades.

Hard OCP BF4 Beta Intro

Another good read: Toms Hardware 16 Card Lineup

Gun Control: A clear mind, a steady hand, and a sharp eye!

Fundamentalism is an albatross around the neck of reason and rational behavior.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trigger
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

votes: 2
usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:30 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

Well according to this article I have all the RECOMMENDED components, with the exception of only having 2G of memory on video card, but even that is well with in the minimum requirements.  Still  cant run it on any other setting then the lowest possible, and even that is sketchy.  I don't understand, maybe a new driver.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 660
Driver version: 327.23
Direct3D API version: 11
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 960
Core clock: 1045 MHz
Memory data rate: 6008 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 2048 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.10.00.61
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16
Device Id: 10DE 11C0 26623842
Part Number:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MT.Trigger
Granny
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:03 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

I have a 660 Ti, and an 8 core 3790 Intel i7 I run it fine on medium.  It has gotten smoother the last 2 days, dunno if that's updates or me getting used to it.

Sponsor
HavoK187
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

votes: 4
usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:17 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

We shouldn't expect optimal performance from a beta.  As with every new game (Frostbite 3), optimizations continue to be made to the graphics drivers after the game is released.

Also, one should consider the monitor native resolution when looking at minimum or recommended system requirements.  The minimum recommended graphics card is the geforce 600 series.  I'm sure it will play great on a 15" monitor at 1024x768 native resolution.  The higher the resolution, the more graphics horse power you'll need.

As an experiment, try out an older and smaller monitor that is not HD resolution.

Trigger
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:43 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

HavoK187 wrote (View Post):
We shouldn't expect optimal performance from a beta.  As with every new game (Frostbite 3), optimizations continue to be made to the graphics drivers after the game is released.

Also, one should consider the monitor native resolution when looking at minimum or recommended system requirements.  The minimum recommended graphics card is the geforce 600 series.  I'm sure it will play great on a 15" monitor at 1024x768 native resolution.  The higher the resolution, the more graphics horse power you'll need.

As an experiment, try out an older and smaller monitor that is not HD resolution.

JC I don't and I know not to expect smooth and trouble free game play in beta, I am just say that according to THIS article.  I have the recommended NOT the Minimum requirements.

So that is why I am left a little confused on why I cant but other with the same hardware can play....I personally think I need a processor update!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MT.Trigger
Toad_Killer
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

Yep, the first article was very specific about Betas and later optimizations, but they also mentioned that many graphics features are turned off for the Beta and it may be even more intensive when the release hits.

Trigger, what processor (CPU) do you have? I ask because of the second article briefly hitting on how much this Beta is depending on the CPU and GPU both. Also, if you have a standard screen resolution of 1920 x 1080, then the second article points out the difference between the GTX 660 at Low and High settings and how much it drops there. If your CPU is limiting your frames then it could be a little bit of added frame loss. Additionally it seems from these early evaluations that HDD speed and system memory quantity may play a part, specifically if your system starts going beyond your memory amount and has to use the HDD for Temp Memory. I also see you are not using the Beta Drivers that have been partially optimized just for this Beta: AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta 2, NVidia GeForce 331.40 Beta.

Many things coming into play and many may be fixed or optimized in drivers, I do know that I will need a new video card at the very least as mine are just too old now. I will probably up my memory too, just because I have an excuse to justify it.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sponsor
Trigger
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:40 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

I have a NVidia Q9300 quad core duo 2.5 g.  I think I am just going to wait until the release date to play.  I figure by then they may have it all worked out.  I really don't have the funds right now for a new processor.  New Processor = New Mother Board= New memory (RAM). I am looking at around $500 if I shop for deals.

Toad_Killer
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:22 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

OK so your Intel Q9300 has an average CPU PassMark score of 3183. So compare that to the CPUs tested low to high from the CPU chart in the second article.

FX-4170 - 4782 @ 51.50 FPS
i3-3220 - 4224 @ 61.7 FPS
FX-8350 - 9084 @67.9 FPS
i7-3960 - 12739 @73.6 FPS
i5-2300K - 6373 / 8084 @ 74.3 / 74.9 FPS Stock / OC'd

Keeping in mind that they used a GeForce GTX Titan in their CPU test which ran at an average of 74.9 FPS at 1920 x 1080 in Ultra settings versus your GTX 660 at only 39 FPS at those settings, and that your CPU (Like Mine) falls a fair bit below the PassMark numbers for their i5-2500K OC'd it is not really that surprising that you and I have to run such low settings to even be playable. Hopefully it will be better or you and I probably won't be the only ones having to consider upgrading.

Trigger
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:59 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

Thanks for all the info Toad.  Truthfully I am glad it is my system and NOT just me whining like a bitch...lol..

Sponsor
HavoK187
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Owner
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Forum Moderator
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:27 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

The beta eats up my cpu.  It stays above 90% cpu usage during gameplay.  Memory usage is around 70%.  It is certainly pushing the limits of my system.  If it's time for upgrade, then count me in!

4li4SS
=CSG=Member
=CSG=Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:20 amPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

I'm @ CPU 40-50% RAM @ 30% (16G)

my 560 ti is crying a river on the beta...I will have to figure on running at low settings for awhile after release until I can afford an upgrade....most likely another power supply for me also.

Lumpy
RegisteredUser
RegisteredUser

votes: 9
usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:32 pmPost subject: No icon Re: Excellent BF4 Beta Video Card Articles

I'm chugging along on high settings. Ultra is out of the question in a populated server. Unless things slow down to where I can play more than a couple of hours a month, I won't be upgrading.

“You never rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of training.”

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Combat Strike Gamers Forum Index ->  Tech Talk Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: